Accountability and the GAS agreement
- We have a GAS agreement which all event organisers are responsible for upholding. It is available here
- If this agreement is broken, You can report any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will bring together an agreement working group who will go through the steps laid out in the GAS Agreement.
Managing Expectations around the GAS agreement
- Please be aware that this process is run by unqualified, often inexperienced volunteers. It is no substitute for your personal support networks, professional counsellors and other specific organisations who support transformational justice.
- It focusses specifically on the role of GAS within the situation and does not offer a wider transformational justice service.
- GAS cannot offer you support to work through trauma triggered or created by an incident as we do not have the skills to do so without potentially causing more harm.
- Due to this collective nature of this process it can take some time to work though the process laid out in the agreement policy.
- While we uphold confidentiality to the best our ability, due to the nature of GAS' collective process we will always have at least 3 working on an incident in order to protect and support one another in what can be a very challenging role.
- While we will always do our best to work through the GAS agreement, It is possible that at any particular time GAS may not have people willing or able to take on safer spaces work. Especially if it is regarding experiences that are triggering or personal to members of the crew.
- If the incident is regarding a particular group or event, we will refer your concern to the organisers of that event.